Music Monday: A little bit good, a little bit lovely



You may recall me mentioning The Good Lovelies in my post about the Winnipeg Folk Fest, but I thought that these ladies deserved a mention. They are a Juno-award winning trio based out of Toronto that I initially heard about from my fantastic cousin Rachel and subsequently went to see when they played at the Home County Folk Fest in London with Jill Barber.



 They have a fun, folk-y sound with great harmonies, and I can say for sure that they put on a fabulous show, not to mention fun vintage style! I have their first album and it is one that I put on for a feel-good moment, or just to sing along to their fun and catchy tunes.

5 comments:

joelle van dyne said...

i am going to look them up on itunes! i seem to only have blah un-cheerful music and need something more upbeat. ~joelle

Lulu and her whimsical ways! said...

I must give them a listen, I love folk music! Your blog is so lovely, I knew I would love it straight away just because of that Lucy Maud Montgomery quote! x

Damsels said...

oooh see saws!! i wish i had a more chances to get on those as a young girl

Unknown said...

oh i love this!

Missy
Designer sunglasses giveaway!!
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

carlotta cisternas said...

love this! they have such a fun whimsy, folk sound. just lovely.

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top